Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Orange Sunset

About this painting: Last night DJ and I went to a movie and in the parking lot there was the most amazing sunset I've seen in a long time (I can't say best ever- some of those winter mornings in Nebraska were pretty far up there). We didn't get a picture of the sunset we saw- so I elaborated on what my mind's eye remembers. It was really a fun little piece to do- they are very small, so I'll probably frame them and sell them as a pair. Sorry for the bad photograph.
Ok... I just looked at the little paintings again- and for some reason unknown to me, the one on the right is super shiny, and the one on the left- super matte. I used the same paint on both, painting them in the same strokes, so it's a mystery! But, after they are dry I can add a veneer, making them both shiny, and no one will be the wiser. Except that I told you. If anyone knows why this could have happened, please let me know.

Media: Oil on canvas board
Size: 4"x4" each
Price: 100.00 USD for both ($50.00 USD each)
Contact: ranae@selmeyer.com

No comments: